Thursday, July 03, 2008

I have to guess we are getting more channels from Charter Cable than I thought. I purchased a new digital TV from Walmart. When it went to the autoprogram mode it identified channels I had not seen on the analog sets. When going above channel 99 it switches to digital or there is a button on the remote to do it. There there are several new channels as well as 40 music channels. I hope we will soon go to high definition, but that will require a set top converter and converters have been known to disappear from rental units.
The new centralized mail box should arrive this week. Justin is trying to decide where to place it. I still think it would work best where the current mail box cluster is located next to 701. I know Karra has said she would like to see it near the maintenance shed. I think that would put it too close to the dumpster and in the summer that dumpster gets pretty smelly.
Justin also said he will be replacing all the numbers above the unit doors. They will be individual numbers that are four inches in height.
All the old posts have been removed from inside the channel on the pier side. It looks much better. The posts were there to protect the pier when we had the Bay Princess docked in the marina. The party boat was almost as wide as the channel. The barge that placed the finger pier posts was used to pull the old posts out.
I have removed my boat from the premises for the summer as directed by the vote last year. Richy has been trying to achieve that for several years. My sometimes critical analysis of board actions didn't help my case. I staved off the action three years ago with a handful of proxies that Chris and Karra thought were to oppose Karra being on the board, but by the time Karra made it known she wanted a board seat I had committed to Pack and Scott. My boat had stayed here for all of its 21 years, but I guess every parking space is valuable. This weekend will be the test to see how many spaces are really needed. I would guess all the construction trailers will be moved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home