Thursday, September 10, 2009

Finally, a fresh fish dinner! I've seen so many mullet in the mitigation site tis last two weeks. I set two rods out the last two days. Yesterday I got broke off twice and lost the biggest flounder I've even had on the end of my line. The flounder was huge, but the drag does not work on that old pole and I just could not control him. Today, however, I landed a 25 inch red right at dark. I'll post a picture when I get my picture software issues resolved next week. Two weeks ago, David Gonzales, a guest in 120, lost a big red in the same area. I've seen the cork he was using as recently as yesterday. It was within reach of the crossbridge, but just as I touched it the red took off. I could probably have just snatched it, but I'm sure the line would have snapped. The high tides associated with the vernal equinox have begun to arrive. I think this is driving all the bait and reds into the mitigation site.
The channel that was just dredged is starting to show signs of filling back in. On Sunday, I probed the depths while we were going out in Scott's boat. Some of the areas that were 6 feet deep are now 4 feet deep. The 'L' that was assessed for was never built. That 'L' may be the only way to protect the channel.
Fall schedules are being set for operations. Scott, grounds maintenance, is now working only 32 hours a week. The pool maintenance has been cut to once a week. CMT no longer does our lawn work. A new crew has been hired.
Real estate activity remains brisk. Almost daily condos are being inspected prior to closings. Several have shown signs of termites and exterminators have been busy.
Karra is in California this weekend. She attending a high school reunion. Classmates website tells me she graduated in 1979 from Red Bluff Union High, so it must be for a 30th.
The rainfall has really been nice the last two days. Yesterday morning the power went off three times during thunderstorms. To see the rainfall totals at the Aransas Airport go to http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Rockport&state=TX&site=CRP&textField1=28.0407&textField2=-97.0515&e=0. About halfway down the right side, there is a link for "3 day history". Click on that and the rainfall totals will be posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home