Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Scott and I went back to the spot under the causeway on Sunday. The tide was the opposite direction, but the fish were still there. We caught three keeper trout and two large sheepshead. Again we caught no undersized trout. Two of the trout from Saturday were taken to Crab-N. Wow, they do a good job. I had one piece broiled and the rest fried. I did find out something useful too. I had no room for the oh so good sundae that they serve, but they sold me a pint of the chocolate topping for $7. I was able to make my own sundae on Monday. That is the way to go. It looks like a pint of the topping will make about eight sundaes. I'm getting an appetite for another sundae just writing this.
The holiday treats keep coming my way. Sunday Stephen and Jane(711) gave me a box of really good cookies and Monday Amy(504) brought over a plate of her special brownies. I think men of a certain age are hard to buy for and everyone knows sweets are always welcomed during the holiday season or anytime for that matter.
Paul(505) had a bad experience this weekend. He went to Walmart for a few minutes on Sunday morning. When he got back here be noticed that a compressor and several tools had been taken from the bed of his truck. He doesn't know if they disappeared on Saturday night here or from the trip to Walmart. He did file a police report. Ideally, our security cameras would have recorded any activity around the area of Paul's truck, but our cameras seldom work and have not worked at all since the tennis court lights were redone. Someone told me the three cameras on the post near the boat parking draw their power from the post that the tennis court light switch is on. It may be a coincidence. The security cameras have been a persistent problem and expense from day one. Pop says he always writes up the problems, but he doesn't know if anyone ever reads his reports.
The coldest weather in years is expected this weekend. J.R. has a crew coming out tomorrow to wrap the water pipes. They will also wrap the pipes at the Villas and Phase I. J.R. came by last week and caulked the window screen on my upstairs window. The screen rattled loudly when the north wind blew, but not anymore! It's much quieter now.
The blog stats from last week showed that access was made eight times from Harker Heights. I have no idea who is in Harker Heights, but I remember that place well from my Fort Hood days. As I recall Killeen was in a dry county(no alcohol) and Harker Heights was not. As soon as you crossed the county line, the package stores were lined up.
Chuck and Sandy(107) got back from North Carolina at 4:30 am on Monday. However, his 93 year old mother is in the hospital in Kerrville and they may have to go there the next day or so.
The winter Texans are slowly arriving. There are not nearly as many here this year as in previous years. I know of ten owners who wanted winter guests, but have not yet been booked.
I noticed today that there was an AT&T repair truck parked at the 700 building. That is a better thing than seeing Wilson Communications here working on phones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home