Thursday, February 18, 2010

The retaining wall for the mitigation site was repaired today. The sand had washed out between the road and the wall. J.R. replaced the washed out portion with a mixture of cement and sand. When that mixture sets up, it will be solid and resist washing out again. The posts were all leaning inward.
The boards as well as the posts were replaced. The old posts were no more than four feet long. It was only an illusion that they were deeper below the water level. I think we took low bid on that job. Speaking of cost, I wonder how this cost will be divided. Almost all of us would think this is a Phase I problem, but as far as I know, this property actually belongs individually to our HOA president. Who ultimately has responsibility for maintaining the mitigation site? No one can tell me exactly where our property boundaries are, but I don't believe they extend that far. There is a recent survey stake a few feet east of this work and that may be the end of our property. Even the appraisal district does not have an answer to this.
These are some of the posts that were replaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home