Wednesday, May 05, 2010

My condolences go out the Madsen families(107&105). Mrs. Madsen passed last week in Kerrville. She almost made it to 93. The funeral is this week in Houston.
Monday J.R. had workers here to clean up the beach. They cleaned under the beachside condos and repaired the skirting access gates. He is concentrating on low cost, high impact projects.
I have an electrician friend staying 707 this week. He and I checked out the Phase I pier lights that have not worked since January. SESCO worked on them a couple of weeks ago and replaced some parts, but still no lights. Mike had his instruments and located the problem right away. He saved us some more electrical repair money. The lights were on for the first time on Monday evening and guests in the 400 building reported catching a lot of trout.
Mike and I went out on my boat Monday afternoon. The weather was great and we found a few trout, primarily at Half Moon Reef. The boat ran great after sitting idle for the last three months.
Burger King is coming back to Rockport. One is opening up in the old Starbucks. There was a Burger King here at one time in the current Panda Bay restaurant.
The asking price for condo 104 has been lowered from $262,000 to $249,000, according to the Rockport Pilot.
An employee at Seaworthy tells me the Speedy Stop on the Lamar side of the causeway still sells gas without ethanol. That is so important to boat owners. The ethanol gas can cause problems with boat engines.
I talked to Kevin Jameson at the Aransas Appraisal office this morning. They have had some problems with their website. They have taken down the new values for property and posted the values from last year. They hope to have it fixed soon. He did say there had been some mistakes with some of the values for Kontiki.
Last Thursday my friend, James Green, caught a 22 inch Spanish Mackerel off the end of the pier. Fishing has been about as good as it gets off the pier. Sunday evening Vic(708) caught some nice trout. He baited one hook with both a shad and glass minnow at the same time and caught an 18 inch trout. Later I caught a 20 inch and a 19 inch trout. The 20 inch trout had a recently ingested 8 inch gar in its stomach. I've been giving away trout to others on the pier. I don't know that I have ever seen so many keeper trout caught off the pier. Last evening I caught a 17 inch red on a trout killer off the crossbridge. That was the first red of any size that I have caught with a lure in a long long time. Last evening, about 3 am, two very inebriated individuals came out on the pier without fishing gear. I was not out there, but the guest that was said it was a little scary. Pop had already left.
My flounder light arrived from New Zealand today. The wind has come up and I'll have to wait for a better time to use it. Monday evening the water was very clear and big trout could be seen everywhere. The wind was light and moths were all over the light fixtures. On occasion a moth would flutter into the water only to be snapped up by a trout.
This blog had a lot of activity last week. There were 257 hits from 32 cities in Texas. The city of Clifton sent 11 hits and even Elmendorf sent 8 hits. You have to be from San Antonio to know where Elmendorf is. I know the mayor, Tommy Hicks, fairly well. Maybe he was looking at it. There are just not that many people in Elmendorf. There were hits from 17 other states with Washington leading the way with 15 and California with 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home