Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Here is what is left of the old pier, even though two of the fishing lights still burn all night every night. I've heard from some owners from the 300 building and they would like to rebuild it. Of course, renters do like to be located near the pier and I can understand the impact of seeing it gone. I recall Chris Crowley made the comment in promoting the super pier that the next time the old pier was damaged it could be abandoned. That was his opinion and no vote was taken as what to do when the pier was damaged. Now we have the board of directors deciding what to do without any owner input. A majority of the board has never fished a single time from either of the piers. I believe all owners should be given the options and costs involved to remedy the pier situation. Even if there is no vote, at least solicit their opinions before a decision is made.
I blogged recently that I would like to see the near term solution to be adding lights to the south side of the new pier. This picture shows how it is done. The 4x6 inch light posts are bolted to the 8x8 inch pier piling after notching the handrail. I'm sure John could do this in a single day. The wiring could be done in probably less than two days. I would think that Phase II would pay their 40% of the cost as we share the pier. Last evening I counted 31 people on the pier at 11:30 pm. There were six vehicles parked at the pier. Three had parking tags. Every light was occupied and lines were getting tangled. If we could use both sides of the pier, more people could be accommodated without building more pier. This could all be completed in less than a week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry,
thanks for the blog, I enjoy reading it almost every day. I was at Kontiki this past weekend, there were a lot of people on the pier, and lots of lines getting tangled. I agree that we need lights on the south side of the new pier. I don't think I want to pay to rebuild the old pier when some more lights will accomplish the same.
Maghsoud Tahmoressi- 407

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 8:45:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home