Monday, April 25, 2011

We had a rather full and active Easter at our complex. Above we see another example of a renter not being very considerate. We had a lot of kids who would have been playing basketball, but he chose to park with his trailer exactly under the basketball goal. I called his rental office at 4 pm on Friday and was told they would have him park elsewhere. The vehicle and trailer were not moved until noon on Saturday. That was just the beginning.
There was a large number of guests in 704 with several cars that were not properly tagged. Complaints came from all directions. Contact was make with their rental company and the guests were counseled about their disruptive activities. Two desk clerks contacted our security, but there was not a lot he could do. One of our owners told me Sunday that this was the last straw for him. He will be selling his condo soon. He said he just wants to get back what he paid 18 months ago during the "liquidation sale". He has a very nice unit and will have no trouble selling it. I don't want to identify the owner or unit since he would start to receive calls from realtors. If any readers here are interested, let me know and I will put you in contact with him.
Later Friday evening, some friends of mine called to say the guests in 103 were grilling on a charcoal grill inside the outside closet. Pop went over there and they said they were trying to get out of the wind to cook. He told them this was not allowed. I was told that after he left, they continued the cookout. The picture below is what I found on that deck today right in front of the closet door. This is where owners who do not rent have a problem with rental operations on the property. I don't know the answer to this, but we will have to work on it. At the four hour board meeting on Saturday, the board had full agreement in declaring there will be no open flame cooking allowed on decks. Signs will be purchased to post on the decks to remind renters and owners of this policy.

After the big weekend the dumpsters were full and , as usually happens, Allied Waste Services didn't make it by today. I guess when there is a big weekend in town, the trucks have to make more trips to the landfill and just don't finish the routes. I called about 4 pm and they said they would make it today, but that did not happen. Now we have trash blowing around and Larry Rabe will not be amused by the pickup delay.
I visited with a roofing company agent last week about having our storm damaged roof replaced. He works for a Houston company and tried to make me a deal whereby he would turn in a large bill to our insurance carrier and then refund a part of the inflated price to us. Clearly this would be defrauding the taxpayers of Texas. I would hope the board does not choose this company to do the work for us.
The last winter Texan, Joyce, left today. She will stopover in Grandbury to visit with the Gormleys before heading back to Minnesota.
Chris(101) has been here for a week and says Karra will be in this week. I'm sure they enjoy coming here to visit and not have to put up will all the rental management problems and HOA issues.
Pete and Joyce(710) took me to lunch at the new restaurant that replaced Back Forty. It was pretty good. The servings were large and the price fair. I will definitely go back. Last Thursday, Dave and Hanne(307) took me to China A. They had not been there. They were pretty happy with the food and price and say they will try that again. I always like China A.
The tide today is as high as I've seen since last fall. With the high tide and strong winds. Long Nguyen will work on the spillway until better conditions allow him to complete the pier work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home