Monday, September 12, 2011


Meaux,pronounced "Mo", waits while Jeanette and I discuss a donation she plans to make to our pool decor. Can you tell Meaux is a Louisiana pup? She did handle the mauling by Betty's dogs well even though she is twice as old and half as big. She didn't back down.
I was in San Antonio this weekend, but I heard that an owner caught a big drum in the mitigation site. I doubt it was the one I mentioned last week as that one was well over the 30inch limit to keep.
One resourceful owner had her AC unit go out last week. She didn't know who to call, but checked out the AC company's van that I pictured here earlier and called the number listed on the truck. He came out within 30 minutes and put in two pounds of freon and got the unit going again. Later he returned and cleaned the coils for only $350. That's not a bad price for that service. I would point out that I will never again use the cheaper fiberglass AC filters. I use two filters on my unit and after using a pleated filter this summer, the second filter inside the unit showed no lint at all. The pleated filters protect the coils so much better. In our environment the AC units run almost 24/7 this time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home