Saturday, December 08, 2012

Kinda been behind in posting to my blog. Here Pat(602) forces me to go hunting in style. His 1951 Jeep, Old Reb, is pretty tricked out. Notice the corn bin on the back for feeding a trail and a winch above to hoist a deer.  He uses a remote to turn the dispenser on and off as we drive. He has a 15,000 acre lease in south Texas. We had a ball, but came back exhausted.
Tuesday I got my first meaningful robocall. The house phone rang and it started off by saying this is Aransas County Health District. They were having a free flu shot deal at Paws and Taws. I went and was impressed. I was the only car in line and just drove through a couple of stations and got my shot without even getting out of my car.
Wednesday, the Tule Creek hike and bike trail had its formal opening. Today Keith(508), Sandra, and Taylor took their bikes through the new trail. Things went well until Keith's bike locked up the derailer and Taylor had to walk it back to the truck.
We had a record high temperature today and the winds were light. I thought the pier might  have some trout tonight. I was wrong. I did not catch, nor did I see caught, a single fish of any size. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home