Monday, August 11, 2014


Scott sent me this story about their trip this Saturday.

Amy, Meg, Meredith, and I went out Saturday for a lazy afternoon of bay fishing.  We took live croaker to the gas platforms at the south end of Aransas bay.  I caught a 17" trout on my first croaker.  This turned out to be a deceiving indicator of the day's cast to catch ratio.  15 minutes later Meg caught the biggest sheepshead I have personally seen.  It went 20" and 5 1/4 lbs.  After that the rest of the day was casting practice. 
 
My step dad (Ray Caraway) and his brother (Robert) joined us in Ray's new boat.  If you look close you will see Ray's dog, Libbey, also joined the crew.  She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  She spent the day barking at dolphin, live bait, and the occasional bycatch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home