Saturday, August 23, 2014

You don't have to have a calendar to know when school is about to start. This is  how things looked Wednesday afternoon here. Even this weekend is proving to be not too busy.
I took my boat out this afternoon with five friends. We had live shrimp, mullet, and croaker. Of course, I had my trusty DOA. No one even had a bite. That's the way it has been this year. We plan to try again tomorrow morning. The winds should be calm.
I am anxious to have my new neighbors close. Linda and John Pack drove though last weekend and plan to close next Friday. That may be a record for going from driving through to owning. After all these years of relentless crowds and parties next door, I will finally have some folks who use their condo for there own pleasure. Linda and John met our board last Saturday and we all agree they will be a welcome addition to our Kontiki community, although we hate to see Cheryl and Steve leave.

I mentioned earlier that long time owners might remember when Jerry Hill worked here as maintenance. I have included below his dad's obituary. The picture was taken about the same age that Jerry is now. I don't believe I've ever seen such a father son resemblance.

Link to Jerry Hill's dad's obituary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home