Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Last night I walked out on the crossbridge and the couple from 4** were fishing. They didn't know me from Adam. I said, " Not much biting is there?". The man replied,"Oh yes. Look at this". He reached into a five gallon bucket with an aerator on it. He picked up two reds about 13 inches at most and about an 11 inch drum. I told him those were far from legal and would be about a $500 fine each. I showed him the cutting board next to him and how to measure fish on it. He indicated he didn't care and would keep them anyway. I said, "That's why I keep the night game warden on my speed dial. You all are staying in 4**, right?". He replied, "Yes." I put my phone to my ear and walked off the pier through the gate. I waited about five minutes and called Mingo to ask him to take a stroll on the pier to see what they would say. He said,"There is no one on the pier.  They were just there, but I see no one in sight now."  What do you think they did with the fish.  They were still lively when he showed them to me. Mingo said they likely didn't have a license either or they would have just dumped the fish and kept on fishing. Mingo is really good at accessing a situation. I never thought about them not having a license.
If I know Penny, she'll call the management company for unit 4**.  It would be nice to have a sign with a description of legal fish posted on each pier.



Now here is a legal redfish. John Pack(202) used a gold spoon that I had suggested and pulled this 26 incher from the mitigaton site this morning. Diane and Curt left from 304 this morning and took 18 reds with them and the best is still to come in the mitigation site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home