Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Another crazy summer is almost behind us. Saturday before last I was at Walmart while a guest decided to park in my marked parking space. When I got back Roger was in the act of having him move. The guest saw that I was waiting to take back my space and glared at me. The next day when I moved my car, the center cap fell off. It had been kicked during the night and the somewhat fragile plastic clips had all been broken. I'm sure it was kicked on purpose, but they likely didn't know just how fragile these vintage cars can be. I looked on ebay and for an OEM part it was $32. I got out the gorilla glue and so far so good. I hope I don't have to remove the wheel soon.
The lighter crowds we had prior to the 4th were nice, but after the fourth things were different. Our water bill had been under budget most of the year until July. In July our bill was over $5,000. This can only be explained by larger crowds per condo. Our security staff works hard to keep guests from over loading a condo. Guests do have a habit of passing around hang tags to sneak in more folks than they declare when they register. Adding license numbers to tags has helped, but I suspect some desk clerks are asking guests to write in their own tag numbers. Last Saturday Mingo counted 29 tags not filled in issued by one management company alone. Lina is working on this.
For the next three weeks, we have tweaked our WiFi system to see if we can improve the service. If so, there would be an additional cost, but it may be worth it. Hopefully, owners will notice a difference and let us know.
This morning Nick Baker installed two new Lennox 3.5 ton 16 SEER AC units in the 500 building for two owners who do not have a management company. For the complete change out, thermostat and all, he gets about $3,600. We have recommended him to owners in the past on our "who to call" list. This afternoon another company came out to change out a unit under management in the 200 building. I couldn't help but ask a few questions.
The installer said he gets $4,600 for a Rheem unit 3 ton and 14 SEER. For a Lennox, he gets $5,400. I believe he said he gives a 5 year warranty while Nick Baker gives a 10 year warranty. I don't believe I have ever seen Nick called out by any management company to service or change out a unit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home