Friday, January 08, 2016

Several new LED lights were used to replace some old lights last week. They are so much more efficient and look at the difference. The first light is LED and the second is a barely visible old metal halide. Beyond that are some more LED lights. I visited the new accounting office today and all their interior lighting is now LED.
The tides continue to be as high as I've ever seen in January. The fish have been hard to find. Scott took Paul and Ray out last week and they never had a bite. However, today George took three guys out to the Seadrift barge canal and they got their trout limit. Don had one that measured 22.5 inches. They were all caught on plastics.
My electrical contract ends on Feb. 02. I hope prices don't change between now and then The glut of natural gas in Texas has really lowered electrical costs. I've done well with Infinite Electric, but Discount Power has a "No Gimmicks" plan that I want to get into. For less than 8 cents per KWH they supply electrical without any surcharges for usage. Most companies charge more for little usage or  more for a lot of usage and they get you one way or the other. Our seasons here give up high usage for six months and low usage for six months so it's hard to find a plan that won't hurt you on one end or the other. I plan to lock in for at least two years at this rate. I would have saved 25% this month.
An owner called this morning to say their contents windstorm premium had jumped from $327 to $10,000. I knew there had been some changes. I went to GSM and visited with Pam. This owner was using an independent agent from Portland. Apparently, they did not have an elevation certificate and assigned him the highest rating of Zone A. We are in Zone A, but with an elevation certificate the premium should be much less. I think he is changing to GSM. I did find out a new FEMA policy now in effect will cost owners an additional $250 a year if they rent their condo.
I also discussed with Pam a problem we had at renewal last year. We had a property appraisal done in 2012 and never entered those limits for coverage. She will check to see if we can get any policy adjustment.
We are pushing to get some solid figures for the assessment for the foundation, but the numbers have not yet quite come together. We hope to get this done in time for the monthly statements going out in January.
With warm weather and frequent rains, Lina had to call for a lawn trimming. I have never seen us cut our grass in the winter time, but this time the lawn was, indeed, getting pretty shaggy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home