Wednesday, June 22, 2016

As it should at the vernal equinox, the tide has finally dropped from the high tides of the last few months. It went down about a foot last week.
The rapidly dropping tide did improve the fishing along the HEB shoreline. My neighbor, John, went out Monday at about 3pm with his trusty gold spoon. On the shoreline about 150 yards from our pier he landed a 24 inch trout. The next day he went out in his boat and caught only small trout and some hardheads. That's pretty much what has been caught off our pier lately. Scott spent four hours casting live shrimp from his boat on Saturday and came back with one 17 inch trout, which he donated to me since I'm still zero for 2016.
After reviewing applications, conducting interviews, and doing background checks, Lina has hired a maintenance person. His name is Jerry Boehler. For awhile at least, I guess we will have to call him Jerry II although before Jerry I, we had a maintenance person named Jerry Hill so I guess we are really on Jerry III.
Condo 709 has now gone on the market. That gives us four condos for sale. That is about average for this time of year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home