Monday, May 26, 2008


Our beach front looked like South Padre Island this weekend. The place was really crowded. As you can see in the picture the water was splashing up and over the bulkhead so the campers had to stay back. The winds kept the boaters at bay for the most part.
The roofers did a little work today, but I expect they will really get it in gear tomorrow.
Merlin(506) did catch a big red off the crossbridge Friday night on cut mullet.
I got my weekly stats today and I guess there is some interest in the roofing project as 156 hits on the blog were recorded. That is definitely a new record. I asked some owners who were here as well as guests about the color of the buildings and the responses were unanimously in favor of using different colors on different buildings. Boat owners were also unanimous in their opinion about the finger piers. The carpentry and visual appeal rate an A+, but as you can see in the picture at least one boater would rather tie his boat to the posts and jump to shore than to use the one slip with cleats. Parking a boat is not like parking a car. When you enter a slip you need something to grab on to. The posts work fine, but they are being cut off to give a better look to the pier. Also the end corners are sharp and could harm a hull. Most all slips that I have seen elsewhere have a post at the end to provide a rounded bumper. I'm afraid if we cut off all the posts, we will have boats playing bumper cars this summer. One guest who was trying to tie up his boat told me that he would not return here if we didn't provide better mooring facilities. It doesn't matter to me as I usually pull my boat out after a trip.


Leave it to guests to notice the little things that we have overlooked. I know Jerry took great pride in our place and always trimmed the grass inside the tennis court. The current lawn service seems to have overlooked this for some time. A guest pointed out to me that that at the rate the grass is encroaching on our tennis court, we will soon have true lawn tennis.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home