Monday, May 19, 2008

The "Babes on the Bay" had a record of almost 900 entries. The ones staying here did pretty good on the fishing. The weather was great. Scott and I went out for six hours on Sunday and came back with only three trout. We put Gulp up against DOA and DOA won 2 to 1. However, a group of fellows here for there own tournament came back yesterday with a boatload of fish caught on Gulp, mostly at Half Moon Reef.
Last evening Robbie came by for some fishing pointers. I think he is catching the fishing fever. We went on the pier and caught many small trout. It was unusual that the fish were snapping off the tails of our lures. That rarely happens. I lost the tails to eight cocohoes and he lost the tails to the only worm puzzler that he had.
It was good to see Cyrena and Kevin(501) back this weekend. They were supposed to close on their place on the 8th of May, but at the last minute it fell through. Their kids don't mind that a bit. It was sad though to see Pack(307) and his family tow in a UHaul to empty out their place. They close this week. They have been owners for 15 years.
I did hear from Jim(former owner of 602) last week. He and Barbara(former owner of 101) will be getting married this month. Congratulations!
Roof work began this morning. I will post pictures soon.
My stats show that last week the blog had a record 100 hits on the site. I don't recall ever seeing that many. Now I feel the pressure to find interesting stuff to blog about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home