Friday, June 06, 2008

The concrete roof tiles have now all been removed except for the 700 building. No new shingles have yet been installed. There is a 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Removing a roof is necessarily messy. I swept the debris from my decks, but I'm not sure how others are handling it. I know that at least two offsite rental management companies have had complaints from rentors about the noise, debris, and early starting time for the roofing crew(7:30 a.m.). If I were doing a roof at this time of year, I would want to start at daylight. I really can't understand why the board would want to do this work at the such a peak rental time. Painting of the buildings continues.
The April financial statements are as confusing as ever. There is a charge of $18,000 for pier repair. This didn't happen. I would guess this is a draw against the finger pier replacement. Chris had assured owners that the assessment money would be accounted for in a separate account. This was an important consideration for the owners, but it's not happening. Justin told me that he will send a letter to owners expaining the costs that have been incurred with the assessement money. Maybe at that time the current accounting will be corrected. Johnson and Cate billed us for an extra $100 in April which puts us $700 0ver budget for the year for bookkeeping. We now have a category under utilities for "telephone". The April cost was $64.92. I have no idea what this phone is for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home