Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Phase II pier remains mostly destroyed. I don't know of any plans to repair it. There are three lights that are on a bit of the pier that remains intact.
I had a call yesterday from a winter Texan who said that she was told that her reservation for a two bedroom bayside condo had been subjected to a rate increase. The cost would now be $1,650 per month. The unit has been remodeled since last year. I do think that we were under priced on our winter rates. I talked to the people at Coastal Management and was told that their rates do not change after a reservation is made. They are still posting a rate of $1,185 per month for a three bedroom if the reservation is for at least three months.
I had a call from an owner yesterday also. He said he is having many problems with his energy provider. He has a contract with Amigo Energy. He said contacting them is totally impossible.
The July financial statement arrived today. I don't know why I bother to look at it. There is no way to understand expenditures without some explanation. For example, our security expense for July was budgeted for $968 and the actual cost was $8,861.93. Go figure. I know Pop gets $10 per hour. If he worked every hour for a month that would amount to $7,200. That would be working every hour of every day. I have to think that maybe we purchased some security cameras. Who knows! I have no idea why we go through the motions of adopting a budget when it really has not impact on the coming years' spending practices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home