Monday, September 01, 2008


As I've said before, those who know how long my fish cleaning board is, know how big this red is. What luck, I just get my new fishing license today and I already have to use my oversize red tag. LOL. I had put four lines with out with small perch. I backed off the drag and went to Walmart for a few minutes. When I got back, one rod had all the line out and when I picked up the line the fish was all the way to the north pier. I beached him at the corner by 101. If you really want to know how big the red is, I guess you could count the deck railing spindles. The spindles are three inches apart. Do the math!
I guess today was a day for records. This is the largest red I have ever caught and at 2 p.m. my thermometer read 98.2 degrees in the shade on the back deck also a record.
Yesterday Scott(702) and I spent four hours in his boat in north Aransas Bay and four more hours in my boat in south Aransas Bay. Our total was three trout with none bigger than 12 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home