Friday, September 12, 2008

I know there is a lot of interest in the weather conditions here. However, there is really nothing to report at this time. The sun is bright, the tide is slightly above normal, and the north breeze is keeping the predicted tidal surge at bay(pun intended). The local forecasters say this will not be a big rain event and winds will be no worse than we get in spring time thunderstorms. Of course as soon as I write this things may change.
I mentioned yesterday that I had a concern for security with no one around. As it turns out, Pop will be here all day today and tomorrow. He is staying in Phase II room 214 so he can keep an eye on things.
I talked to Betty Brackle(103) in Nebraska yesterday. She said she is not planning to come down this winter. She is planning on some knee surgery in Lincoln. She said she may come down in the spring.
The only catch this morning was 21 inch skipjack. That was fun. I tried to feed it to the injured pelican, but it was too big. I cut it in half for him and he still struggled and suddenly, before I could intervene, another pelican took it away. I gave him the smaller half and he put that away. There is a lot of pelican activity in the bay today. Maybe the fish are stirred up. The noon news from Corpus showed a flooded roadway with tailing red fish in the ditch next to the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home