Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mother Nature is returning our breakwater to us in pieces. Two of these giant whalers washed up on our property after the storm. They could be a real navigation hazard. As pricey as they are, I would pick them up and store them for the repair job. One of them may have rammed an electrical conduit. The outside lights to the 600 building and the power to the fish cleaning stand have not worked since the storm.
The tide is very high today and more breakwater damage will possibly occur. I don't think the shoreguard solution was ever intended for water that is 8 feet deep. I would take it down only to a depth of maybe six feet and then reuse the removed material to construct an L on the south end to prevent silting and eliminate the problem caused by the extra depth. But then what do I know? My time in the Army Corps of Engineers doesn't count for anything. I attended the Army Corps of Engineers school at Fort Belvoir, Virgina so long ago whatever I learned was long ago forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home