Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The end of the south breakwater is washed out again. We hired Marcos Domingues to repair it about three months ago. The cost was to be $14,000. He received half of the money up front and did a terrible job. I understand we still hold the last $7,000. Rob said shoreguard that he ordered has arrived and he plans to do the repairs inhouse. Personally, I would not bother to repair it. That part of the breakwater does no good, that I see. The water there is about eight feet deep and shoreguard will never hold up in that kind of depth.

The new concrete entance way is starting to crack all over. I checked the concrete area near the boat washing area and found no cracks at all. This concrete has been in place since Kontiki was built. I don't know that the cracks in the new concrete are an issue, but I would not think that they would show up so soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home