Saturday, June 27, 2009

The following is an email from Chuck Madsen(107) that owners might need to know about. A scammer might have better luck fishing for trout in our swimming pool than trying to scam Chuck.

Larry,
You might find the following amusing and want to pass it on to others.

As you know, I originally had CP&L electric service at Kontiki. I changed to Riverway in May 2008. All payments for CP&L between 2003 and May 2008 were automatically deducted from my checking account and thus paid on time and in full. Yesterday, I received a phone call from an outfit called ER Solutions stating that I had an outstanding debt from CP&L for $322, that I could settle immediately for $156 and that if I didn't settle by the end of the month, they would file with the credit bureaus. Note that this was out of the blue. I had received no notice of an outstanding debt by any means.

I called CP&L this morning and they said my account was current and there was no outstanding debt. I then gave this info to ER solutions and now they said that CP&L had turned this bill over to another branch of their company called Direct Energy. Yesterday they had actually given me a CP&L account number which was bogus. Now they say it is a Direct Energy account number. I told ER that this sounds like a scam and they assured me it wasn't and that they will collect the substantiating information from Direct Energy and send it to me.

I'll let you know the outcome.

As you might guess, I'm pretty fed up with the Texas electric system. It sounds pretty good on paper. However, I switched to a lower cost company and they went bankrupt within a week. The next company couldn't use my Amex card for auto payments for some reason and was inaccessible by phone, email or mail until I contacted the BBB. The third company seems OK so far but who knows.

Keep up the good work on the blog. You probably know that you get quite a few hits from Alaska.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home