Monday, October 19, 2009

I just watched the Phillies rally with two outs in the ninth to beat the Dodgers. I think we have two very happy owners from the 500 building. They just realized on Sunday that they are both from Philadelphia. Of course, the Eagles lost on Sunday so I guess things even out.
Welcome to new owners Jim and Jeannine Vater of Spicewood, Texas. Jim was here this weekend and they will both be here this Thursday. I've heard from a number of owners who will be here tomorrow and more during the week.
I've been asked about the red tide. It started in South Padre early last week and moved up the coastline during week. The local newscasts showed miles of beach littered with dead fish. It had reached the Port Aransas jetties by Thursday evening. Later that night a norther blew through and sent the red tide back south and dissipated most of it. We had no problems here and expect none.
We got the golf cart out of the shop last Thursday and it seems to working fine. It needed a couple of batteries and minor work.
The new phone books arrived in the mail today.
The reds in the mitigation site remain very active. Scott Culberson caught three this morning before he punched in to work. Other folks caught several more during the day. They are hitting lures as well as shrimp and mullet.
Glen Huckabee and wife came in last Thursday to catch a few of the drum and reds and gave it a good go. Glen had a mishap when his cell phone fell out of this pocket in to the water. Sunday morning, Colson, Randy's(308) grandson,told me he found a phone in the water. I'm sure it's Glen's, but when I call the number I have for Glen, I get no answer. I wonder why that could be. The Huckabee family had checked out before I could show him the phone, although the phone is history.
Scott(702) and I spent three hours on Saturday and six hours on Sunday searching for trout. We tried Carlos Bay, Mesquite Bay, Ayers Reef, Sundown Bay, Long Reef, Paul's Mott, the "pipe" and everything in between. We mostly used DOA shrimp. We totaled five undersized trout, three gafftop, and three hardheads. We saw no feeding birds, one crabtrap line in Sundown Bay, no shrimp boats, and over all very little aquatic life in the bays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home