Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The bite is still on in the mitigation site. My friends Bev and Joe Fischer(stayed in 222) extended their stay by one day and caught four drum and two reds last evening. Friends Richard and Daisy Lee(stayed in 603) also extended their stay by one day and picked up all the reds and drum they could use. One red was 29.5 inches and another 26.5 inches. Other guests had similar success.
Scott has been catching all these trout before he comes on duty in the morning. I went to see for myself this morning before sunrise. Scott was already there standing on the HEB beach close to the new pier. First I noticed Scott was indeed using a Super Spook Junior. I could tell from his gear he was pretty serious about fishing. I don't know that I have ever seen a rod with ten eyelets. He had about three feet of mono tied meticulously to his braided line. He flipped the lure sidearm about fifty yards into the wind and proceeded to twist his wrist to make the lure dance its way back. Sure enough trout would hit it at the surface. I threw my trout killers about twenty yards max and the retrieve was uneventful. I saw the writing on the wall and hooked my lure into the rod handle and made an excuse to go fish somewhere else. Talk about being really outclassed. If Scott(702) holds his owner's fishing tournament in November, I have a plan. First Scott C. has to be on my team. One of Scott's tournament rules is that you must fish from a boat. I think I'll back my trailer up to the HEB property and let Scott C. cast from the boat. I'll save on gas and our boat will have the winning catch.
A big project the last few days has been smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. Fire extinguishers had not been checked in three years. In the past we had the fire department come by every year and certify them. Scott came by last week to change the batteries and inspect the extinguishers. Then on Monday it was decided that every condo had to have a smoke detector in every bedroom and every hallway. Close to 150 detectors were needed. Justin traveled to nearby cities to buy sufficient quantities. I planned to install my own, but Justin said the detectors would be an HOA expense so I let Scott install three more in my place.
My Monday Google stats were up again. 103 different computers logged on to the blog. 32 different cities in Texas sent logins. I am amazed there is that much interest in Kontiki. I still think that is from the real estate activity. Someone said they wanted to know how to contact me after reading the blog. I have updated my profile to include my email address.
Rob came by today to give me the final bill for my remodel. We had not really discussed prices at all since I fully trust Rob and know the quality of his work. Actually, the bill was less than I expected and would encourage anyone who has not done any remodeling to try to let Rob spruce up their place before he goes back to California. He is finishing up two condos now and that may be all that are to be done. There are only a handfull left to do. After Rob leaves any remodel that needs to be done will cost twice as much and I seriously doubt the quality of the work will be anywhere near what he does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home