Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The monthly HOA financial information arrived in the mail today. There was still no notice of an owners' meeting. Recently, the meetings have been on the second Saturday in November. This year it may be on the second Sunday. The financial report shows that for the first three quarters of the year we are $405,533.60 over budget. That works out to about 357% over budget. I don't know if the problem is with the budget makers or the budget spenders. I guess we will find out when we meet.
The talk is still about the redfish fishing. The fishing guide report link at the top of this page will take you to what the guides are saying. They all agree the reds are everywhere. The mitigation site remains a hot spot. Scott C. fishes before he punches in for work. Monday he caught three reds. Tuesday one red and one keeper trout and today one red. Things could be slowing down. Bev and Joe Fischer(guests) came back for three days and did well again. The first day they caught three reds and two drum and the next two reds. One of the reds that was 26 inches had a queen cocohoe in the belly. It was plum and yellow with a swivel and about one inch of line. The hook point was rusted about two millimeters. I'm sure it was from about two weeks ago when folks were using those lures a lot. I tried my luck with a perch yesterday and got broke off under the pier. I'm still watching for the cork to come back up. This afternoon I saw two porpoises tearing it up in the marina. One was right behind the boat ramp. They may have spooked the reds for a short while.
I heard from a winter Texan today that had booked the unit they usually stay in and it has sold. The new owner does not want to rent monthly. I'm sure Jayme can work it out. Justin Martin, front desk, will be leaving soon to go to Australia for a year. He just got back from a short stay there.
The AEP rep came by to read the electrical meters yesterday. We can expect bills soon.
Rob is finishing the remodels in 103 and 305 this week. He will start another in the one hundred building and one in the six hundred building very soon. Rob is going to place an order soon for some more sliding glass door replacements. The glass in mine is fine, but the frame is about corroded away. I may need to put my order in.
Scott C. was busy repainting some skirting and railing today. Some he was able to bleach white that was stained. That white paint is going to take more maintenance than the natural look that we had. He is going to have to work on the washout of the sand near the Phase I pier. Grass was planted, but is washing out. I believe some concrete bags will be used to fill in the washout.
I've been shopping around for an outside AC unit. Mine is only seven years old, but the coils are corroded away. I found I can get a three ton Weather King installed for $1,250. The prices always get lower in the fall. It may be a good time to buy one as the R-22 refrigerant is being phased out and the newer R-410A is being brought on line. The R-410A operates at a much higher pressure and when a new condenser unit is needed, the inside unit must also be replaced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home