Thursday, March 18, 2010

Scott Culberson, former Kontiki employee, shows off this flounder on his father, Jack's, fishing report. I visited with Scott at the recent Oysterfest. He said he is doing well and working for the City of Rockport.
Fishing reports continue to be dismal. Scott(504) took his family out on Saturday and went from Carlos Bay to Blind Pass, near Mud Island, and had only one nibble the whole time. Fishing off the pier has still produced just an occasional keeper with a number of small trout.
I did find a great place to buy shrimp. Pat(602) gave me a number to a place where he buys his shrimp. Jennifer Dong sells them from her residence in Fulton. They have their own shrimping operation. I guess they sell to retail operations and keep some to sell on their own. When I talked to Jennifer, I found that I was familiar with the area where she grew up in Vietnam, near Vung Tau. She sold me shrimp that averaged nine to a pound. That's about as big as they get, and the price was $5.50 per pound. They were great grilled with bacon wrapping. Anyone who wants to try some can contact me for her phone number and I'm sure Pat would give you the number as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home