Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This is a generic photo of a flounder gigging light. A friend showed me one on Sunday evening and we had a lot of fun with it. I have already ordered mine. They are only available from New Zealand. This single light is $70 U.S. dollars. The battery fits in the light and is half the size of a double A battery and lasts for two hours. It lights the water up like daylight. I have never seen a product like this. I would love to have the U.S. franchise. I could sell a bundle of these at a boat show. I was really impressed. The website link is https://www.safeshop.co.nz/vshop/fishing/index.php?&item=view&page=2&prod_id=1187. Mine should be here in less than ten days. I purchased the two light model.
Fishing from the pier continues to be very good. I am having a problem getting use to catching and releasing keeper trout, but you can only eat so many. I have to give Chris credit for having the vision of a "super pier" and to Rob for finding the lights. I tried to find good lights with no success, but Rob found these in Victoria. Now that they are adjusted, they light up a larger area and the trout are everywhere, not just in the lighted circle. I can foresee a problem this summer when the word gets out and people who don't belong here start trying to use the pier. Pop tells me that even now he has seen people from HEB walk down the fence line on their side and go onto the pier.
I talked to a fellow on the pier yesterday who goes way back with Kontiki. He said he was bidding against Harry Dennis and Richy to buy these from the RTC back in the mid-nineties. He said his bid was higher, but they got the condos anyway. He can even remember going out on the Bay Princess ship that was docked at our marina.
The water well is fixed now and the boat washing area is operational again. The sprinkler system needs to be reprogrammed. The grass in the quadrangle is turning brown. Edward tells me they are going to install electrical timers on the lines that carry water behind the 400, 500, and 600 buildings. That would be a big improvement over having to turn them on and off manually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home