Thursday, April 08, 2010

Blake Schulte(308) shows a 25 inch drum he caught last evening. The drum catching continues to be phenomenal. I've never seen anything like it. There is very little fishing to it. Just throw in the bait and hold on. Last evening we had a crowd behind our condo and everyone got into the action. The drum seem to be congregated right behind the 200 building. Gus(203) came by on Monday evening on his way to Robstown for the weekly auto auction. I told him to try a little fishing here and turned on my outside flood lights. He and his nephew caught their limit in about an hour. All the drum were 17 inches or larger. Gus said this is the best fishing he has ever experienced.
Even the trout fishing has been the best I've seen in a long time. The guests in 404 and 303 each caught four large trout off the pier Tuesday evening. One used a DOA and the other used a shrimp tail lure.
I've had a fish meal every day for the past week.
At one point the seagulls were chasing bait while we were catching drum and this unfortunate gull wrapped my line around his wing. I was able to get it untangled and it flew far far away when I released him. Notice how nice the water looks. The wind finally gave us a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home