Friday, July 23, 2010

Al came by this evening and changed out the sand in our pool filter. Here you can see his helper taking it out a handful at a time. It takes 200 pounds of sand. The total cost is about $500 and has to be done every two years. The pool had been a bit cloudy and it was time to do it.
Fishing on the pier has been up and down. Monday and Tuesday there were people at every light and the whole pier was crowded. The last two evenings there have been very few people. Last evening the trout bite was on and I used a Mirror lure to entice them to bite. This evening I fished two hours with the same lure and never put a fish on the deck. I didn't see anyone catch a keeper this evening.
Yesterday some guests travelled to Sailboat Pass and picked up four nice reds. Everyone else reported next to nothing in success. Alan's(108)friend, Gary, and I went out yesterday morning in Alan's boat and tried the close in reefs because of the threat of rain. We did not get a bite of any kind. I had never been in Alan's boat. It is quite a boat. I don't think I had ever been in a four stroke 250 horsepower boat. Pretty nice.
I have tried to reach the insulation contractor, Mike Mcdonald, on several occasions. I thought we had an appointment for Tuesday and called on Friday and Monday and talked to the secretary three times. She promised to pass on the call to him, but still no word. I don't know what's up with that. The AEP people came by today to read the meters so I guess our July bills are not far behind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home