Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bench production continued on Monday. There is plenty of fairly new pier lumber left to build a few more.
The annual croaker run is on. The croaker are all over the mitigation site. I've seen people catch buckets full recently. There are of good size too.
For the second day in a row on Tuesday, I had a big red come by and take all the line off one of my rods I had staked out behind the condo. I had just replaced the line from the previous day's strip and it happened again while I had gone to Walmart. There must be some big reds out there.
While the mosquitoes have been ferocious since the recent rains the county fogger has been dispatched. He came by this evening and the mosquitoes went from horrendous to where did they go. What a difference. A good use of our tax dollars.
Several owners came in for a stay this week. Sandy and Chuck(107) returned from Alaska. Pat and Murlin(506) came in. They had not been here since June. John and Linda(301) have been here a week. Chris(408) is staying week. He has been taking his boat out to fish for reds by sight casting. Now that is a challenge. I don't believe he has caught any just yet.
I did manage to catch one keeper trout this evening. When I opened it up, that 15 inch trout had a recently devoured 5.5 inch shad in its stomach. If my lure had been the real thing, I have no idea where he would have put it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home