Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Scott gave this account of his weekend at Kontiki.

With the heavy rains this past weekend I was locked up in the condo. Getting a little restless I made my way to our maintenance building. It was in dire need of a cleaning so I jumped in. I filled half of a dumpster with all of the worthless junk that had accumulated over the past three or four years. My compulsive organizing skills kicked into high gear. I grouped things, straightened things and hung things on the walls and from the rafters; starting at the shelves to the left when you enter, I went all the way around until I reached the shelves on the right near the front door. It provides me with a feeling of immediate satisfaction to see such progress. It also gives me a mental checkout from my Monday thru Friday job. Sometimes it is good to work while on autopilot.

The interesting thing that I found in my adventure was the large quantity of items that would only be used for indoor repairs such as switches, face plates, cabinet knobs, candelabra light bulbs etc. I was very puzzled as to why we have so many "inside" items in our HOA maintenance building when the HOA is only responsible for the "outside' of the buildings. I am trying to think of a way to equitably and in an organized manner make these "inside" items available to the owners. The HOA owns these but will not likely use them so I want to get them out of there. Maybe we can have a table set up in front of the maintenance shed for one hour the afternoon of the Owner's Annual Meeting. If you need an item go get it. I will keep you posted on this plan.
My memory tells me the inventory is:
four plungers
random collection of new face plates for switches and plugs
various candelabra bulbs
some plugs and switches
a few small breakers

The secondary benefit of doing the clean-up is that I now have an inventory of what we have on-hand. I spoke to JR today and he is going to use some of our anti-fungal products (previously buried under mountains of junk) on the lawn this week. We will do a better job from this point forward using what we have.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home