Thursday, June 02, 2011


Last weekend Carmen(704)told me how to monitor our electrical usage with the new smart meters. I didn't know that could be done. I've had fun with it this week. Just log on to www.smartmetertexas.com. You will need your condo ESI ID number and the meter number. These are on the monthly bill.
Set up your account and later log on to monitor the electrical usage. The usage is updated every fifteen minutes. This give some insight into the times of heavy usage as well as the impact of different temperature settings on the AC. When I'm in San Antonio with the condo hot water heater off and the AC off, I can see the cycling of the refrigerator. I guess the newness will wear off, but for now it is interesting to look at.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Have you had any trouble getting on the site today? I have been trying to get on it all day and it will not load for me. We just got the smart meters this weekend and I am trying to look at all of our vacant apartments to see if there is anything running.

Monday, June 6, 2011 at 4:32:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home