Sunday, May 29, 2011


Larry Rabe worked last week on replacing more of the rotted window trim. He's made a lot of progress, but there is still plenty to go.
The relentless spring winds gave us a one day respite last Thursday. It was a great day on the water. Larry used this as his day off and fished the Mud Island area. I took Murlin(506) and Marv(guest in 307) out for a five hour trip. It's not two often I get to take two guys out that were born two decades before myself! We had a great time and caught a few fish. Marv used live shrimp and Murlin and I used lures. I used my favorite DOA shrimp. We tried Scotch Tom Reef first and caught only undersized trout. We then went to Mock Reef and I lost a big trout as it saw the landing net and decided not to stay around any longer. We moved to the pipe and I did land one keeper there. We were catching a lot of gafftop and finally kept two. We then went to marker 20 and Marv got a keeper trout there. That evening I took some gafftop to Alice Faye's to have it cooked. Anyone who throws back gafftop has not tried it fried the way Alice Faye's does it. It was great.
Speaking of eating, there is a new sign in front of the old Chili's that announces the opening soon of a K-Bob's Steakhouse. They will get some of my money.
An owners' meeting has been called for June 12th to decide what type of new roof will be installed to replace our hail damaged roof. Several options are being considered, everything from tile to metal to something like we have, but with more color. I'll be in San Antonio that weekend, but it only takes 16 for a quorum of our HOA members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home