Monday, August 29, 2011

I set out my perch trap last evening and did not catch a single perch. I did pick up two small crabs. Larry Rabe showed me how to bait the hook with them. I don't recollect ever catching anything with crab, but that's all I had to use. I set out two poles in the mitigation site and within minutes this barely legal red hooked himself up. I would not normally keep a red, but this small one might be OK and it has been a long time since I've had a keeper anything to feast on. When I opened him up, he had a crab in his belly, but it was not the one I had baited with. Now I will recycle this one and see a second red might want this slightly digested crab.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

We like to use our little basket nets at the dock before we go wading to catch a few crab. Everytime I have used them as bait, I have caught some really nice reds.

Monday, August 29, 2011 at 10:10:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home