Thursday, November 17, 2011

Steve(702) sent this picture of his latest catch. Notice the clarity of the water.

My streak is finally broken. I went out on the pier last evening and I told Pop the fish better bite pretty quickly because it was cool and the wind was howling. I used a free lined DOA shrimp and immediately caught about five very very close to being legal trout. I probably could have pinched the tail of one and one would have made it with his mouth open, but I didn't want to break my streak with a barely keeper. Within the next fifteen minutes I caught a 17 inch and two 16s. Now it was getting pretty cool and that was enough fish for me. My dilemma was whether I wanted to stand out in the weather to fillet them. I thought about it a while and decided a little fish smell in the condo would not be a bad thing. I put the leftovers in my perch trap this morning, but so far no perch. I did fry some for lunch and will take some to Alice Faye's tomorrow.
We have had 23 owners who have asked to have the routers installed in their condos. Kevin is really staying busy trying to obtain the equipment.
Now here is a news flash. As I'm typing this the Corpus news is on and I'm half listening. I just heard that a fugitive from Georgia was arrested in Rockport today on a whole litany of charges, not the least of which is as a sex offender. I had talked to a contractor working here about someone to do some painting for us. Yesterday morning at 7:30 my doorbell rang and this guy said he was here to apply for a painting job. He came in and we talked a while. He was dressed nicely, but I was not totally comfortable. I gave him a job application and told him to bring it back later, but told our board that I would definitely do a background check before having him on our property. Guess what? Yep, he will not be back in Rockport for a long long time. His name is Ward Currier. He actually gave me a flyer with his correct name and phone number. I think I'll google his name and see what I find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home