Tuesday, February 07, 2012

With the bay seemingly devoid of fish, the pelicans are hurting for food. Two that may be starving have decided their best bet is to hang close to anyone fishing. This one follows me around and waits at my feet for a handout. I think he may change his habit when he learns that I can't find any fish either. I did hook into a good one in the marina last Friday. I was so surprised that I didn't take my time but tried to winch it in and lost it just as it came to the surface at the finger pier. It is pretty sad when we have to talk about the bites instead of the landings.
Benet Stewart, original developer of Kontiki, took his boat out for about three hours yesterday. He said he never got so much as a bite. Today, Tom(501) took his boat out with the same result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home