Monday, September 24, 2012

Bradley Phair and I had a chance to get out into the bay again today. They purchased their condo one month after we did, but chose to sell it in 2005. We joked that we always seem to have one memorable accident every trip we have taken. Today it was my turn.  I had taken a 16oz bottle off my counter that appeared to be Walmart water. After two hours of fishing I was ready for some water. I took the bottle out of cooler and took a big drink. Whoa, that was not water.  Someone had purchased distilled white vinegar and left it on my countertop. That was awful.
Bradley has me by 10 years in age, but you would never know it. After five hours on the water I was beat and talked him into going to the house. He had started off using bass assasins and had no luck at all. I was using my usual DOA with not much luck either. I caught two under sized trout at the pipe, but nothing else. We then went to Paul's Mott and after a while I caught nice keeper trout on two consecutive casts. At this point Bradley put on a DOA. I caught one more before they shut down entirely. We did have a great time.
On Saturday Bradley went out with guide, Tim Redden. The four of them caught sixteen drum, but no trout or reds.
On Sunday, Ralph(101) went with his favorite guide, Justin. They loaded up on trout, reds and drum before they ran out of piggy perch.
KB Homes had a big fishing tournament out of Paws and Taws on Saturday. I saw two of the ice chests and they did very well, around Allyn's Bight, or so they said.
Allan(security) is doing very well catching reds just accross from where he parks his truck. Last evening he had a 22 inch red and another that was just too big to get into his net and get up on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home