Thursday, September 06, 2012

Work is underway to repaint the stripes and numbers in the parking areas.
Fishing last weekend was really slow. Boats brought in some fish, but the pier was not good at all. I caught a total of one small trout. The last few nights I've  had the pier to myself and have not caught anything.
This afternoon I was walking along the road when I saw some redfish near the road in the mitigation site. I walked toward the boat ramp and back across the crossbridge. I could see a bunch of reds with dorsal fins and tails working hard in about five inches of water. The tide is lower than I've seen in weeks. I came in and got some gear and put on a pin perch. I made a cast into the pod of reds and immediately got a hookup. I tried to be patient, as Steve(702), taught me to be, but I was anxious to set the hook. I finally did and pulled it in. Bad news, only 17 inches. I tried some more, but the fish had spooked.
Ralph and Cheryl(101) went on a flounder trip last evening. They left at 9:30 and had their limit within an hour. The guide took them into Sailboat Pass near Aransas Pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home