Thursday, January 03, 2013

The last sunrise of 2012 was nice enough. Jim(210) sent this to me. Since then the weather has been horrific. The highest I saw on my deck yesterday was 39. Today it got up to 43.
It was nice to visit with Pack and Ann during their stay last week. They were supposed to stay next to us, but got moved to 105. Pack helped me check out the water line location that we need to tie into to complete the irrigation project. His memory is really sharp.
Sheephead are everywhere. People are walking out on the breakwater and catching them easily on dead shrimp. Had the weather been better, I'm sure more folks would have been out there. Walking out on the whalers does present a problem as passing people is not the easiest thing to do.
The Blackwells(705) hosted a New Year's Eve party. The fireworks were spectacular.
Winter Texans are arriving, but not in the numbers we have seen in previous years. I have to think the warm winter last year may have coaxed them into staying up north and hoping for another warm winter.
Keith has resigned as property manager and his last day will be tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home