Monday, May 06, 2013

Marvin shows a bonnethead shark we caught yesterday. I had never seen one, much less caught one.  Notice how flat the water is. We went out from 2pm until 6pm. Marvin used live shrimp and I used my trusty DOA. The fish were scattered, but we stayed near Scotch Tom Reef. The DOA pulled in ten small ones before the first trout took a live shrimp. Only one keeper was boated.
Today we went out from 10am until 3pm. Again the water was totally flat and the fish were scattered. The DOA picked up three non keepers immediately. I looked over and Marvin pulled a DOA out of  his bag. He had a white with a chartreuse tail. Immediately, he started getting bites. I think he caught about 30 trout and two keepers. I caught one keeper. Marvin gave the pint of live shrimp to Scott when we got back. He said tomorrow he is not going to buy any shrimp. I think he has been converted to a DOA guy.
Scott and friends were out with two guides fishing some of the same areas. One of the guides was Terry Coufal who usually guides Randy(308). They brought back about  20 keepers total.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home