Monday, August 25, 2014

I took some friends out site seeing on Sunday morning and saw this shrimper working about 3/4 of a mile from our condos. I went over to show them what happens in the trawl path. The porpoises put on their usual show and the camera clicked. While those cameras clicked my brain clicked that maybe if shrimp were in this close, maybe I should get out my trusty DOA and check the reef just east of the pier that I had not tried in several years. Sure enough I bagged my first keeper trout of the year, or at least that I can remember. I  got a few more hookups, but didn't get them to the boat except for one 14 incher.
I went back in in about an hour and picked up some friends who wanted to soak some croakers at a well. We tried the well behind Sanddollar. Nothing there.
There was one 22 inch red caught from the crossbridge on Saturday.
Also on Sunday Vic(712) and Jerry went to the surf by way of Cedar Bayou.  They said the workers were getting with the program and on a Sunday. All they caught were sharks and gafftop. They headed back about 2pm. They took the channel though Carlos Bay and just as they cleared the channel on this side they ran out of petro. Not good. Jerry tried to call me for a tow and my boat was in a slip, but his phone ran out of juice. They used the Bimini top for a while until the wind changed direction and then Vic got out his kayak and towed his boat back in with that. I wish I had a picture of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home