Wednesday, September 02, 2015

My neighbor, John, shows his 23 inch red he picked up today while wading the HEB shoreline. He uses a very small spoon which, appears to me, has small dimples on it. This red swallowed the whole spoon. Yesterday, John and I were throwing spoons in the mitigation site. His small one caught a few undersized reds as well as trout. My full sized spoon did no good at all. I would have been using a small spoon, but I had a red on mine on Monday and my knot came untied. I had caught several small reds most every day on it. Last week, I caught a keeper flounder on the same spoon. That makes my total for 2015 two trout and one flounder, as best as I can remember.
I had the opportunity to meet our newest owners last Sunday. Wilbert and Helen Stavinoha now own 708. They don't plan to rent it out. They live in Floresville and plan to use it for themselves and family.
Last night about 10:30 Mingo called me to say he thought he saw water running out the back door of 205. I went out and we found that the last renter had used the hose and left it pressurized. The hose sprung a leak and was spraying against the back door and the water was running all the way to the bulkhead. Mingo turned it off at the faucet and all is well.
We are still dealing with Time Warner. They have to be the worst run company around. Now they are charging us more than we contracted for on a monthly basis. They overcharged my account by $14 two months ago and promised a refund. I'm still waiting. Many owners still cannot get their HD boxes. They say there was a mix up because they had 11 condos listed as being in Fulton and that cannot be the same account as ours in Rockport, wherever that city is. We have no choice until another provider comes to town. Owners who have DirecTV in their primary residence are disappointed when they see the service and equipment that Time Warner provides. They will be even more disappointed when they soon find that TWC will scramble their signal and every TV will need some sort of adapter, free for the first year only.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home