Monday, December 19, 2016


My 42 inch Vizio stopped working recently. I could smell an electronic burn which is never good. I took the back off and there are only two motherboards of parts. I looked on EBAY and I could buy both motherboards for $37, but anyone could do that.
I looked more closely and the ceramic fuse seemed to be an open circuit. Just to be sure it wasn't something else, I stuck some aluminum foil around the fuse and turned the set on for a while. Noting burned and it seemed to work fine.
It wasn't possible to solder in another fuse since I could not find one the same size.  I purchased an automotive fuse holder and just needed to attach the leads someway. I purchase something called Wire Glue online and used that mess to attach the fuse leads to the ends of the old fuse. It's been working great so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home