Friday, July 20, 2007

The pier damage has been repaired. Justin and his crew were able to complete it last week.
The fishing reports continue to cite the abundance of fresh water as a deterrent to good trout fishing. Randy(308) reported on his trip with the following,"Hooked them through the head(DOA)like a live bait. I had asked a young man working at Tackle Town if he thought the gulp or DOA shrimp was better. He said the gulp in his opinion because of the smell and he did not think the color really mattered. Most of the bites seemed to come as we drifted back to within 50 yards or so of the intercoastal, not too much farther out. We had an east wind for the most part and very cloudy.
Luckily I have a very good boat for Estes, I can raise the motor and
idle along easily in a foot of water and not really damage the grass. The flip side is I don't have a good boat for busting across the bay in rough water.
We had trouble with the sewer this weekend. Heard gurgling Saturday and
reported it. The girl handed me off to her superior at the office and that lady started by saying the owner of 308 is not in the rental pool but they would get someone out anyway. I told her who I was at that point. In the end the
entire 300 building had a problem. They did not do much good Saturday and Sunday had to come back out. At this point I had backup in my tub about 2 inches deep. Gross! I don't think they will charge me for the plumbing service since they did not back in March for a similar thing."
Randy returned to Estes this past weekend and tried Gulp and Piggy Perch. They finished with three throwback trout for two days of fishing.
I did have another call from an investor friend today who said he has been in contact with Nancy Jacobs to see about buying some property in Rockport and possibly Kontiki. I believe he is interested in buying several properties. At this point I know of only four that are on the market at Kontiki, but as they say, for the right price everything is for sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home