Monday, October 08, 2007

Insurance questions still seem to be owners' minds. I took an owner's email question to Angie Ruddock's office on Friday. She was able to quickly send an answer. She told me that she will ask Richy and Karra if she can send some information to be included with the next billing statement.
Former employee, Ryan Martinez, came by to visit on Saturday. He is currently employed in Corpus. I talked to Jerry Hill yesterday, his birthday. He is having problems with his old Vietnam wounds. He's finally going to go to the VA next week to get some help. He's living in Beeville now.
The cut ants have been very active. Ron has put many gallons of bleach on their mounds, but they still come out at night and attack the shrubs. They seem to prefer the new hibiscus plants in front of the 100 building. I don't think bleach is going to do the job.
At the board meeting, it seemed the board may be looking at getting a new roof. The last two weekends we have had heavy rains, but I've heard of no leaks. What I did see is a lot of loose tiles. Chris said at the board meeting that falling tiles present a real risk and I agree. I looked at the end of the building at 108 this afternoon. I count about 54 edge tiles. Each tile should have two nails. I could see only five that seemed to have two nails. The nails are not rusted. They just never were long enough. I would think renailing those and others would reduce a lot of the risk.
The tides have been really high. Some roads in Corpus have had to be closed. We have a coastal flood warning in effect until noon tomorrow. The tides and wind continue to remove boards from our pier. The pier damage from last weekend was repaired by Pack Killingsworth(307) with a bit of help from Rob's crew.
The high tides don't do much for the fishing. I went out in the boat four times last week and came back with just one trout.
Justin had the tennis court lights repaired last week. Only four of the eight were working. New bulbs got them on again. With the big crowd here for Seafair, the courts had plenty of use. There are still many lights out, but Justin said many of them have resulted from the work crews working on decks that have damaged the wiring. He said when all the work is finished, he will have an electrician come out and get everything going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home