Friday, November 16, 2007

Its been a good week with many owners coming and going. Dusty and Darlene closed on their unit today. The new owners are Murlin and Pat Tomlinson of Granbury, Texas. I visited with them today. They have a friendly dog named Dollie that walked up to Murlin one day in his field and adopted him to be her owner. They said that Nancy Jacobs was very ill during closing and EMS had to be called. I hope it isn't serious.
Jim and Barbara came by today. It was good to see them again.
I visited with Jerry Hill during his lunch break. It was good to see him also. He has been under the weather and is not often in town. He is still awaiting the results of some medical tests to see what the problem is. Hayden and Dorothy Parrot(608) have been here a few days. They are leaving on Sunday. Ardath(102) and Gary are leaving Sunday also. Joyce and Jack Humphrey have arrived for their winter stay. I got a nice note from Pat Vonasek. He are his family are doing well. Christi Aguirre really likes her job in Victoria. She gets to see her sister Sarah every day.
Pat(602) had his front door replaced by Rob on Wednesday. I helped Ardath and Gary use the old door to replace her downstairs outside closet door. It fit very well and the price was right.
I had a big fish hit the line on the deck while I was eating supper last evening. The drag locked up and the fish broke off. I had about 50 yards of line out and when it broke, I ended up with about 40 yards of line in a heap on my deck. It had to have been a really big fish.
I picked up my copy of the monthly statement of revenues and expenditures from the accounting office today. I can not understand how we can be under budget for the year. Karra explained it at the owners' meeting and I thought I understood then. However, this statement shows we have spent $264,269.88 for the first 10 months of this year and the budgeted amount was $234,689.69 for a variance of $29,580.19. It was explained at the meeting that the board cannot spend more than $1,000 for unbudgeted items. I just don't know how this can be. I did check on the required audit that was voted against. There is no specified penalty for not doing one. That is probably why Gary Cate said that most HOAs do not do one annually. However, if a civil suit is brought against the board, it is a slam dunk to win.
I do hope that the new board will be good stewards of the money allowed. I have seen the tennis court lights on until 5 am for the last two months and told everyone who might need to know. It is a waste of electricity. At the meeting Justin said timers need to be reset, but they still burn. Yesterday I showed Rob the pier lights that are on 24/7. The meter was really spinning. I guess the photo cell is not working. There is a beach light that has been on for months on the ground under the 100 building. These little things add up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home