Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm sure everyone had a lot of questions about last week's hurricane and its impact on Kontiki. This blog had 111 individuals log on 484 times. That's almost 5 times each. There were hits from 17 states and 27 cities in Texas. As it turned out we were quite fortunate. I left about 6 p.m. on Friday. I saw the Fulton fire truck try to come in our entrance road and turn around because of the high water and I thought it was time for me to leave.
Jim(210) and his son arrived at Kontiki at about 7:30 p.m. on Friday. They had no trouble getting in, but the next morning they had no way out. Rob and Justin came by in their trucks and it was not problem. Kim(Randy 308's) daughter and her husband spent Friday night also. Kim has taken some pictures that I will post when she sends them to me. Jim said the water was under the buildings on the harbor side and under the 700 building. That is not real unusual. It does, however, generally kill the grass and other vegetation from the salt content. He said it was to the top of the bulkhead on the bay side. There was absolutely no rainfall and the peak recorded wind gust was 28 mph. Jim took his plywood down on Sunday and left.
Scott(702) did not have any power at his house in Houston. He had come down on Thursday to take things out of their condo and then had to return on Sunday to bring back the cold stuff.
I heard from Rita and Marv. They live in Pearland and also had no power. They are staying at one of their kids condo's in Port Aransas.
I talked to Justin today. He said that as far as he has heard the annual owners' meeting will be the first weekend in November. Since November 1st is a Saturday, I assume he means the weekend of November 7th and 8th. He said a notice will go out to owners within the next two weeks when a date is selected.
Today was Ron Layton's 39th birthday. Ron is our onsite groundskeeper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home