Sunday, December 14, 2008



Friday was another good news bad news good news day for local four fellows. They put in at Fulton and went to the causeway to fish for Sheepshead. They caught the five very large ones in the top picture. It's hard to tell in the picture, but they all looked to be between 20 and 24 inches. About 4 pm. they started back. Before they reached the area between our piers, they ran out of gas. Then a bit of luck came their way. Within minutes three game warden boats plowed their way out our channel. They were going to check local oyster boats. The men in the stranded boat waved frantically and were noticed by one of the boats. The second photo shows the two boats lashed together as the wardens towed the fellows back.
Yesterday morning I saw the Wright(307) family land a 24 inch red about halfway out our pier. I offered to fillet it for them. They had never landed a red. Interestingly, when I opened it up the stomach appeared to be full. They said they had used a live mullet so I thought that was what was in there. To my surprise the red had a jig and three inches of what was left or what looked like a bass assassin. The lead head of the jig was pock marked and had started to digest. I don't know of any chemical that reacts with lead. That red must have had some strong digestive juices. From the rust on the hook, I would say the lure had been in there for about three months.
I saw no cars this weekend, other than owners, that were not here on Thursday. I guess we had no weekend rentals.
Gas prices continue to fall as they reached $1.41 on Friday.
Jim's(210) son Weston and his friend John waded the HEB shoreline on Friday and said they never caught a thing.
My electrical services contract with YEP Energy was for a year and has now expired. Prices are up since last year, but I think they will be going down. My new rate with YEP is 30% more than I was paying. I see on www.powertochoose.com that Reliant Energy now has the lowest rate, but it can change daily. I talked to CP&L about their rates and they are not really in the mix for the best rates. I don't know how they keep any customers. I'll keep looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home